The name of the Plant: Bioplinska elektrarna Orehovec d.o.o.;
Capacity: 1.2 MW;
Producer: agriComp and Hidroregulacija d.d.;
Initial investment: 4.467.382,00 EU;
Сommissioned in December 2016.
Bioplinska elektrana Orehovec is located in the municipality of Sveti Petar Orehovec in the Koprivnica-Križevci region, the Republic of Croatia. The construction of a biogas plant started in 2015. The first start-up of the biogas plant began in May 2016 and started operating at full capacity in December 2016.
About the Project
This biogas plant is characterized by its innovative features that enhance energy and maintenance efficiency, resulting in maximum performance.
This project is a great example of regional cooperation resulting in energy production, emission reduction and a closed loop of biowaste utilization.In addition to sustainable energy production, in this project biowaste is processed into tailor-made products for fertilising the forage crops. Above all, CO2, methane and nitrogen emissions are maximally reduced at company level thanks to 100% biowaste digestion.
In areas with a high concentration of raw materials and the lack of central supply of energy , the construction of biogas plants is an acceptable alternative to traditional energy facilities, such as gas pipelines, boiler plants, power grids and other infrastructure facilities, waste storage, etc.
Anaerobic digestion provides opportunities to use biogas to generate energy such as electricity, heat and fuel, with additional economic, environmental and climatic benefits by providing heat and electricity to social infrastructure nearby.
Furthermore, it also resulted in an increase in employment opportunities, and provided the necessary training to build the skills and expertise required in the field of biogas.
Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 November 2008 on waste and repealing certain Directive – the Waste Framework Directive sets the basic concepts and definitions related to waste management, including definitions of waste, recycling and recovery.
Based on the proposals of the European Commission, here were established following requirements: an indicator of 65% utilization from the achievement of the total amount of waste and 10% of the permissible disposal of waste on the territory of the European Union.
Thanks to our project – Biogas station “Bioplinska elektrarna Orehovec d.o.o.” the following goals were achieved:
- Providing sustainable and cost-effective landfill solutions for municipalities (Waste Directive 2008/98 / EC).
- Growing demand for anaerobic digestion as the main way of converting food waste into renewable energy sources.
The purposes of the project:
- Treat wastes that would otherwise produce harmful methane emissions, recycling them into valuable green energy, biofertiliser and biochemicals.
- Solve the problem of agricultural waste. Any organic waste is digestible. And it is converted into money.
- To recycle bio waste into the high quality organic fertilizer.
- To invest in the development and implementation of advanced technologies.
- To ensure uninterrupted power and heat supply of our complexes.
Head office: Sv. Petar Orehovec 97/A, 48267 Sv. Petar Orehovec
Location: Sv. Petar Orehovec 97/A, Orehovec
Company’s Registration Number: 070097507
IBAN: HR 6923400091110486415, PBZ d.d.
Phone: +385 48 850 134